A gathering place for metal detectorists from New England and abroad to discuss metal detecting related topics.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Philately aids metal detecting

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
leslie(nova scotia)
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostSubject: Philately aids metal detecting   Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:43 pm

From the land of the Bluenose.....was watching a youtube vid the other day and the fellow used a magnifying glass to help with close ups so I thought I would give it a try using a 4x glass that I use to look for watermarks on stamps.

Took about 5 photos to get it right but here is the hallmarks from the 18K and 10K white gold rings I found last week.

Since Marie was off work today with a touch of the flue I took the opportunity to get out a digging for a couple of hours at a playing field. Used the old Freedom 3 Plus which works well enough when you swing it at a super slow speed so that it doesn't always false. Still a great machine! An hour and 35 and I had a quota of 53 coins @$5.47

After making a bowl of hot soup for Marie I got to hang our newest photo which we had purchased in the Dominican. "Selena the Ballerina" is our first non Van Meere painting!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.voy.com/98887/

Philately aids metal detecting
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1