A gathering place for metal detectorists from New England and abroad to discuss metal detecting related topics.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

1856, silver and quota

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
leslie(nova scotia)
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

PostSubject: 1856, silver and quota   Thu May 20, 2010 1:34 pm

From the land of the Bluenose.....Wednesday Navy Davy and I hit a colonial field and a soccer field with some luck. Navy Davy struck first with a nice Nova Scotian token

and I retorted with a British 19?8 large copper and a 1942 dime.

ND ended up with about a dozen other coins and I settled for a hammer from a toy gun, soccer ref token, the Brit penny, 1942 dime and 21 coins @ $1.79

That night in the cold and rain I played in my first ball game promptly striking out my first time at bat and ending up 1 for 3 as we got the hake beat out of us.
Today we did the dew at a riverside park which we had to our selves once we threw the golden lab's ball a dozen times and the owner had enough and left.

We each dug a few coins here that were added to out days finds that came from a campground. Here Navy Davy takes a break from the rigors of the dig!
ND ended up with 25 coins and a sinker whereas I managed a zipper and 59 coins @ $11.11
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.voy.com/98887/

1856, silver and quota
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1