A gathering place for metal detectorists from New England and abroad to discuss metal detecting related topics.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

c. 1830 Home site Finds! :-)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
tinky1878
Founding Member
Founding Member

PostSubject: c. 1830 Home site Finds! :-)   Sun Nov 30, 2008 11:41 am

Hi all! Headed over to a site yesterday where a c.1830 house used to stand. This site has the be the trashiest site I have ever hunted. Nevertheless, the good signals still worked their way through. I ended up with 13 wheaties! All dated 1910-1956. All but 4 are from the 20's or older. But, with all the wheaties, NO SILVER! Do you think this place could have been cherry picked? This is the most wheaties I have ever found in one hunt. Also found was an extremely old lock. It is to the point where it is falling apart. Any preservation help would be appreciated. The harmonica reed also popped up. It is fairly large. One on the biggest I have seen. The old mother of pearl button I found laying on the ground.

Thanks for looking and Happy Huntin'!

-jake

Back to top Go down
View user profile

c. 1830 Home site Finds! :-)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1