A gathering place for metal detectorists from New England and abroad to discuss metal detecting related topics.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Non-Repeating Signals?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Coinguy19

PostSubject: Non-Repeating Signals?   Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:02 pm

I usually don't dig any non-repeating signals I come across when detecting. However, I started thinking about what I could be missing and what could be the cause of them. I set up a test area of sorts, with a coin surrounded by some "trash" and got the same non-repeating signal. What do you do if you come across a non-repeater? Can you lower the sensitivity or something in order to find the good target? Or do you just dig it as is? Any help is appreciated.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ClassicIISL
Founding Member
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Non-Repeating Signals?   Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:01 pm

Try sweeping your coil from several different directions, if that doesn't work, move over a few feet, start sweeping new ground, then when your machine re sets, go back to where you got the non repeating signal. It seems to work 4 me, I think the computer in the machine might be stuck, and needs the new ground to reset, try it !! Rich.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Non-Repeating Signals?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1