A gathering place for metal detectorists from New England and abroad to discuss metal detecting related topics.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Two days - Two quick hunts

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
billiard rich
Founding Member
Founding Member

PostSubject: Two days - Two quick hunts   Sat Jul 26, 2008 1:04 am

Snuck out Thursday morning for a short hunt. Hit a tot-lot about 6 blocks from my house. Never did bad here in the past, but I just don't like this place. Only had 1 hour and this is what I found: 7 quarters, 6 dimes, 2 nickels, 32 pennies, and a junk ring - I think it's stainless steel.

On Friday morning I did another raid at dawn, but this time I hit a tot-lot in a more well-to-do neighborhood. The tot-lot is hidden behind the parks department administration building and only the residents know it's there. I don't think it gets detected much. Got there at dawn and spent a whole 90 minutes hunting. Only finished scanning 70% of the chips (and this is a tiny tot-lot.) But time was limited and I had to go. Found a little more: 6 quarters, 20 dimes, 13 nickels, 61 pennies, and a sparkly stone (but something tells me it's not the good kind.)

That tot-lot wore me out. As soon as I stood up, I'd swing a few times and find another target. A lot of the targets were tiny rivet ends. Some were easy to find while others were down deep. Everything gives you the same tone on the Tesoro Umax Silver, so I had to dig every target. The only thing I discriminated out was iron.

Next time I'm wearing 2 knee-pads so I can alternate my getting up legs.

HH

Rich
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bmattioli

PostSubject: Two days - Two quick hunts   Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:45 am

Rich,

Nice Clad count for your short hunt. I'd be happy with the ring, looks nice to me!!

Bruce
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ClassicIISL
Founding Member
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Two days - Two quick hunts   Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:10 pm

Nice goin on the clad, a little sparkly is good, once in a while, Rich.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Two days - Two quick hunts   

Back to top Go down

Two days - Two quick hunts
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1