A gathering place for metal detectorists from New England and abroad to discuss metal detecting related topics.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

My 4th of July finds

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
TreasureFiend
Founding Member
Founding Member

PostSubject: My 4th of July finds   Fri Jul 04, 2008 6:46 pm

I went to the woods today, man is it overgrown. I only found 2 Wheat's and a Memorial,
1 1/2 spoons, and a bunch of bottles.
One of them is super tiny, I also found a broken 1923 Coca Cola, I also found a busted
Dad's Rootbeer bottle, man I wish they were still in tacked. Anybody have any idea on
the possible age?

The mosquitoes are mutant!!! I was respraying myself every 25-30 min!!!! They just
didn't care!!!! I walked out in a clearing, the grass is up to my chest!!!! Definitely not going
back until the fall time.

Well have a happy and safe 4th!!! I am already at the night job, doing 7pm to 7 am,
then I'm gonna go cleanup the fireworks display grounds!!!

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://youtube.com/user/TreasureFiend
billiard rich
Founding Member
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: My 4th of July finds   Sun Jul 06, 2008 4:54 am

Can't help you with the bottle dates. I can remember buying small bottles of Coke out of a vending machine around 1966 or so. Nothing tasted as good as an ice-cold Coke out of one of those tiny bottles. Wish I would have kept an empty or two, but back then, when the Coke was gone, they were just trash.

I miss stomping through the woods, but I sure don't miss the bugs. Went for a romp last May and for the first time ever I was attacked by Chiggers. They only got me below the knees, but man did they itch and I wound-up with some ugly scars.

Checked-out a fireworks viewing area on Saturday morning but didn't find a single pocket-spill. Hope you have better luck.

HH

Rich
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tinky1878
Founding Member
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: My 4th of July finds   Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:18 pm

Nice Finds! Those bottles are from the 1940's-1960's. Keep your eye out and you might find some oldies next time!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My 4th of July finds   

Back to top Go down

My 4th of July finds
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1