A gathering place for metal detectorists from New England and abroad to discuss metal detecting related topics.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Diggin History #12 - 6/22/08 Lake Delton Hunt

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
TreasureFiend
Founding Member
Founding Member

PostSubject: Diggin History #12 - 6/22/08 Lake Delton Hunt   Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:59 pm

Bomber & Murph & I went up to Lake Delton in Wisconsin on Saturday and left Sunday. We wanted to see the damage
that the draining lake had done. We also planned to get in some metal detecting while we were there. Once we got
there we were blown away at the damage. We got a room just feet from the lake; it looked like a bomb went off. All
that was left was dried and cracking mud. We hunted for a couple of hours then called it quits, finding mostly lead
fishing weights, and metal scrap.

Talking to the locals, they said the lake drained in about 2 hours!!! They also pointed us to where they think the most
coins would be. We didn't find much, but the trip was definitely worth it. My thoughts and prayers go out to the whole
town; on the news they said that the $1 billion tourism industry is gone. The locals are hoping that the lake will be
repaired and back to normal by next year. God I hope so...

my video

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://youtube.com/user/TreasureFiend
billiard rich
Founding Member
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Diggin History #12 - 6/22/08 Lake Delton Hunt   Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:58 am

I always thought it would be cool to have a house by a lake. Not any more.

Nice pictures. I like the good luck token.

HH

Rich
Back to top Go down
View user profile
espen

PostSubject: Re: Diggin History #12 - 6/22/08 Lake Delton Hunt   Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:43 am

Thats awsome! cheers

too bad you dont found more, but i think it was fun to see around there! Very Happy

Happy Hunting jocolor
-espen
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/Norwaydetecting
ClassicIISL
Founding Member
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Diggin History #12 - 6/22/08 Lake Delton Hunt   Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:03 am

WOW !! I woulda thought you woulda got tons of coins and jewelry in the beach area, but maybe the water blew out so fast, it sucked all the good stuff to the other end of the lake !!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lochlainn
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Diggin History #12 - 6/22/08 Lake Delton Hunt   Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:45 am

Thats crazy... what initiated the draining of the lake ? Did a dam let loose or something ? Thanks for posting!

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Diggin History #12 - 6/22/08 Lake Delton Hunt   

Back to top Go down

Diggin History #12 - 6/22/08 Lake Delton Hunt
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1