A gathering place for metal detectorists from New England and abroad to discuss metal detecting related topics.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

More Friendly Fourm Trouble

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
billiard rich
Founding Member
Founding Member

PostSubject: More Friendly Fourm Trouble   Wed May 14, 2008 5:45 pm

Not sure if this is a hacker problem or just a general forum malfunction, but I seem unable to bring-up any forum sections - I get the 404 error message. The main forum page comes up, but that's as far as I can go. Wonder if it's another denial of service attack - 66 members and 404 guests online right now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ClassicIISL
Founding Member
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: More Friendly Fourm Trouble   Thu May 15, 2008 6:58 am

There were some server problems on TQ, And I noticed friendly was a little sluggish 4 sure, I'm NOT very impressed about the way friendly handled the hacker problem, they seemed to have lots of excuses, not solutions !! If you were on friendly, before the hack, then u know they also had 2 site crashes, which they took a long time to remedy, in my opinion, bad track record. I do enjoy their forum, just wish they would concentrate more, on providing a stable site.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
billiard rich
Founding Member
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: More Friendly Fourm Trouble   Thu May 15, 2008 11:44 pm

I'm not a web-master or a network guy. (But I am an old systems guy from the 70's & 80's.) I really don't know how else they could have handled the hacker problem. Maybe they should have been more aware when he started moving their sites. But then that is a free forum so I wouldn't expect anyone to give it the kind of care a business site would (or should) get. I did send Vlad an email about the 404's I was getting. He responded today saying the forum out-grew the server and he'd probably get a dedicated server. That's got to cost more. Hope the forum members contribute a little more to help cover the cost.

Feels a lot different now. Before the problems it was a very active and fun place. Now, people seem to be posting a lot less. People are also mentioning the slowness. I'm on a dial-up line and can't really tell. Hopefully the slowness will be resolved and security tightened on the new server. Hopefully they'll back things up a little more often too.

I'm new to TQ - seems very quiet too. Lots of members and sections but not a whole lot of posting. But TN seems about the same as it always has been.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: More Friendly Fourm Trouble   

Back to top Go down

More Friendly Fourm Trouble
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1