A gathering place for metal detectorists from New England and abroad to discuss metal detecting related topics.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Metal Detecting New England, "Revolutionary War Reenactment"

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lochlainn
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Metal Detecting New England, "Revolutionary War Reenactment"   Sat Apr 19, 2008 3:44 pm

Hi Folks,

Bobby, my wife and I went to the Old North Bridge in Concord, Massachusetts this morning to watch the reenactment of the battle at the North Bridge. The real battle only last about 3 minutes but was very significant because marked the beginning of the Revolutionary War. Here is a video I made of our trip. I apologize for the unclear images that were taken from a distance. It was our first time going and now we know where to stand for next time ! We arrived a bit early but apparently you have to get there really early if you want to stake out the best viewing spots. Hope you enjoy Very Happy

tinky1878
Founding Member
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Metal Detecting New England, "Revolutionary War Reenactment"   Sat Apr 19, 2008 7:33 pm

Very Nice! Thanks for sharing!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TreasureFiend
Founding Member
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Metal Detecting New England, "Revolutionary War Reenactment"   Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:34 pm

Great stuff, I love watching reenactments!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://youtube.com/user/TreasureFiend
greg

PostSubject: Concord Bridge   Sun May 04, 2008 5:39 pm

Hello Steve,

My name is Greg Theberge. I happened to come across this video doing an online search for the Concord Bridge reenactment recently held in April. I enjoyed your video. I am actually a member of Captain Brown's Concord Minute Company who was there that day. We are the group first coming into your view as a closeup as we are going up the hill in front of you. We are also the group doing a roll call in the parking lot at the end of your film and are pictured in a still photograph at the end as well. Our group actually marched to the site (and then back again vs. taking the bus) from Hartwell Tavern starting at five in the morning.

Anyway, I was just wondering if you had any additional video that may have been edited out of what appeared on youtube that may be available. I'm glad you enjoyed the day.

Best regards,
Greg
Back to top Go down
Lochlainn
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Metal Detecting New England, "Revolutionary War Reenactment"   Tue May 06, 2008 7:35 am

Hi Greg!

Thanks for finding us on here. We had a great time at the reenactment! Thank you for all of your hard work helping putting that together. There wasn't much more footage than what is in the video. A few tidbits from long distance, but all of the nice closeups and significant parts were included in the video. We plan on going again at some point and will most likely film it again. It was our first time going so I didn't really know where to stand. Next time I hope to be positioned closer to the bridge. The Old North Bridge has always been a very special spot to me. My folks used to bring us there when we were little and I have a lot of great memories there. I remember trying to look for musket ball holes in the bridge, not knowing that it was a reconstructed bridge hehe. Also, my wife and I were married there...up in the courtyard overlooking the bridge. So it's a pretty special spot to me/us. Thanks again for you involvement in the reenactment! Was another great memory added to that special place Very Happy

Steve

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Metal Detecting New England, "Revolutionary War Reenactment"   

Back to top Go down

Metal Detecting New England, "Revolutionary War Reenactment"
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1